WATERSTOP - RX®
Expanding Waterstops for Concrete Construction Joints
Waterstop-RX is a flexible strip concrete construction joint waterstop that provides a positive seal by expanding upon contact with water. Waterstop-RX is an active waterstop that functionally replaces conventional passive PVC dumbbell waterstops. Waterstop-RX is designed for both continuous and intermittent hydrostatic conditions and has been successfully tested to resist 231 feet (70 m) of hydrostatic pressure.
The key to the effectiveness of Waterstop-RX is its high sodium bentonite content which provides superior expansion to seal cracks and fill small voids. Proven effective on projects worldwide for over 20 years, Waterstop-RX is a reliable and cost-effective solution to preventing water infiltration through concrete joints.
Installation is fast and easy. Simply adhere Waterstop-RX to the concrete, steel, or PVC (pipes) with CETSEAL Adhesive and then pour the concrete. Waterstop-RX reduces labor costs by eliminating the workmanship rigors of welding the joints or split-forming associated with traditional PVC dumbbell type waterstops. Waterstop-RX can also be used to provide protection when conventional PVC waterstop has been installed without the joints welded.
Three different sizes and profiles are available to match to you specific project needs: RX-101, RX-101T, and RX-102. Waterstop-RX 101 is the largest profile with a rectangular cross section of 1” by¾” (25 x 19 mm). Waterstop-RX 101T is a 1-¼” by ½” trapezoidal shape profile with a reinforcing poly scrim embedded in the surface. The patented trapezoidal shape of RX-101T distributes the expansion pressures over a greater area and the reinforcing scrim provides additional product stability when concrete is placed. Waterstop-RX 102 is a half-round profile measuring ¾” by 3⁄8 ”. requiring only 2” of concrete coverage, RX-102 is designed for concrete less than 8” (200 mm) thick.
Waterstop-RX offers a low cost opportunity to enhance the performance of a sound external waterproofing system, by sealing the areas of highest probability of water infiltration through the concrete, and should therefore be implemented as part of the waterproofing design.
Waterstop-RX Advantages Over PVC Dumbbell Waterstops
- Easy to Install – Waterstop-RX can be installed by one person without split-forming or splice welding roll ends.
- Positive Seal – Waterstop-RX swells and forms a positive seal.
- No Special Transition Parts – Waterstop-RX does not require special cross, corner, or “L” parts to transition from horizontal to vertical.
- Safe – Waterstop-RX is non-toxic and requires no special handling.
- Flexible – Waterstop-RX has excellent flexibility so it can be installed around irregular penetrations like steel H-Piles.
- New-to-existing Concrete – Installs without chipping or saw-cutting existing concrete
- Construction joints in foundation slabs or below grade walls
- Around pipes, steel H-piles, and other penetrations
- New-to-existing concrete work
- Septic tanks, sanitary and storm sewer manholes
- Utility and burial vaults
- Box culverts