Advanced APC Waterproofing Technology
Ultraseal is a unique waterproofing membrane that utilizes an advanced Active Polymer Core (APC) technology that is ten times less permeable and more chemically resistant than traditional active waterproofing membranes. Ultraseal combines the APC technology with a strong geomembrane liner for exceptional performance. Ultraseal contains zero VOC, can be installed in almost any weather condition to green concrete and most importantly, has proven effective in both hydrostatic and nonhydrostatic conditions.
Ultraseal works by forming a low permeable membrane upon contact with water. When hydrated, unconfined APC can swell many times its dry volume. When confined by backfill or concrete the swell is controlled, forming a dense, impervious waterproofing membrane. The swelling action of the APC technology resists high levels of groundwater contaminants and can self-seal small concrete cracks caused by ground settlement, concrete shrinkage, or seismic action. Ultraseal forms a strong mechanical bond to concrete when the concrete is poured against the membrane.
Two Membranes, Excellent Performance
Two Ultraseal membrane composites - BT and SP - provide waterproofing protection for a myriad of applications. Ultraseal SP is a three component membrane consisting of the APC core layer between a geotextile and a geomembrane. Ultraseal BT composite membrane consists of the APC core layer integrally bonded to a geomembrane.
Ultraseal SP is designed for primarily under slab applications. Ultraseal BT is designed for backfilled foundation walls, earth-covered roof structures and property line construction. Property line construction applications include soldier pile and lagging, metal sheet piling, auger cast caisson, shotcrete and stabilized earth retention walls. The membranes are compatible and are used in conjunction to complete the waterproofing. Applications may include structures under continuous or intermittent hydrostatic pressure.
The two different Ultraseal membranes allow for the best performance features of each composite to be matched with specific application needs to provide unparalleled waterproofing protection.
Ultraseal Offers Many Performance Advantages
- EXCELLENT HYDROSTATIC RESISTANCE - Ultraseal has been successfully tested to resist 231 ft (100 m) of hydrostatic pressure.
- EXTREMELY LOW PERMEABILITY - The baseline permeability of Ultraseal is at least 10 times better than traditional bentonite waterproofing membranes.
- CONTINUOUS BOND STRENGTH TO CONCRETE - Ultraseal creates a mechanical bond where concrete is poured against the membrane.
- SELF-SEALING MEMBRANE LAPS - Watertight laps are formed upon activation of the APC layer to provide reliable field performance.
- HIGH CHEMICAL RESISTANCE - Ultraseal resists higher concentrations of salts and organic solvents than traditional hydrophilic waterproofing systems.
- EFFICIENT INSTALLATION - Ultraseal’s large, light weight rolls enable a fast installation to achieve a higher daily production rate.
- Property Line Walls
- Backfilled Walls
- Tunnel Waterproofing